Friday, January 9, 2009

getting to know you questions

in an attempt to write something once in a while, here's my answers to author questions posted on agent Rachel Gardner's blog:

→If you’re a writer, what do you write? what do you do when you’re not writing?
* I write science fiction and fantasty. If I'm not writing, I'm proscrastinating, working, or doing something with horses.

→Are you published? Agented? Hopeful? Stalking me?
* Hopeful. I stalk/lurk on all the agent blogs I've found in hopes on learning as much about ppublishing as I can.

→What do you love about books? What drives you crazy about books?
*I love books that introduce me to characters I can revisit over and over again. What drives me crazy? the lack of time and money for more reading.

→Starbucks, Peets, or Folger’s Crystals?
*tea

→The beach, the mountains, or completely lost and without a map?
*beach or mountains

→Running, walking, working out at the gym, or lying on the couch with a bag of Cheetos?
*walking, or sitting at the computer with chocolates

→Are you excited about the new seasons of “Lost” and “American Idol”? If not, what’s wrong with you?
*Lost, with fingers crossed that it gets better than last season.

→If you were a color, what color would you…just kidding.
*blue?

→Here’s a $25,000 advance. How will you spend it? (This is not a trick question. Don’t try to impress me. I’m off in the mountains right now, not even reading your answers.)
*put the money towards daughters' college tuition. and a new toy or two.

→Twitter: Fun social media tool or harbinger of the literary apocalypse?
*fun time-waster

→Kindle: Useful reading device or harbinger of the literary apocalypse?
*too expensive for me. My neck prefers reading e-books on the computer screen, but the rest of me wants paper to hold in my hands.

→What part of the world do you live in? And how bothered are you by sentences that end in a preposition?
*Pacific NW. Nope, not bothered but I try to avoid writing them.

No comments: